Sunday, May 25, 2014

What I have learned debating and discussing issues with counter-missionaries.

I have learned how cruel some of them really are to those who dare express ideas contrary to their positions. It can be very taxing on the mind and soul to point out the fundamental flaws in their arguments. I feel that pointing out those fundamental flaws, in hopes that they will learn from this flaw and fix the issue, is just me pissing against the wind. It was so much that I had to stop going on Paltalk to retain my own sanity.

Debating certain CM’s has definitely strained every ounce of patience that I have with those who seek to do nothing but attack, slander, and nearly cyber-stalk me. I have learned that if you challenge some of these people they will threaten you, your family, and threaten to go to you place of learning or work in order to attack you on a more personal level. Each and everything I just described has happened to me because I dared to debate certain methods and content within Judaism to show that Judaism is not as monolithic as is portrayed.

Due to the things above I was forced to retire from the debate arena. I must have made too strong of arguments to warrant the attacks or they just didn't like the fact that I would challenge them on things instead of just blindly accepting the things they wrote and said. Many people think I am an Apikoros, now, because I challenged them. I am most definitely not but, the mere accusation is enough. The fact that I don’t have the opportunity to defend myself to those who they slander my person towards makes the accusation even worse.

Don’t just take what I am saying at face value. If you really want to see all of these things first hand, Challenge their assertions and see what happens. Or, you could just mention my name, Yosef Menachem, and see what reaction you get. It will be negative, harsh, and vulgar so prepare yourself for each of these. I challenge you to ask them a follow up question of “what I said that was incorrect about Judaism or Jewish beliefs?” the answer may shock you. If they say that I slander Rashi, please ask “in what way?” and “Can you give me one example of him slandering Rashi?” The answers there will surprise your or they wont answer at all.


That is a brief non detailed summary of what I have learned so far debating and discussing issues with counter-missionaries. The proof of the truth that I am speaking is in the pudding just do as I stated above and you will see the this unfold before your very eyes.

Shalom,

Yosef Menachem